For tips and suggestions on improving your relationships and communication, please click on the links below for more information about the recommended books and articles.
- The Good Marriage: How and Why Love Lasts - Judith S. Wallerstein has done research on marriage for over 30 years. One of her books, The Good Marriage, identifies the nine tasks that a couple undertakes in making and maintaining a good marriage. Also, she describes, in detail, four different types of good marriages that can possibly work for couples. From this book, one can learn how happy, lasting marriages are challenged and rebuilt each and every day.
- Traits of a Healthy Family - Dolores Curran’s Trains of a Health Family (Winston Press, Minneapolis, 1983) discusses the conclusions she reached after over 500 professionals working with families completed her 56-question survey. Mrs. Curran’s research began with the premise that many traits would appear time and time again as important to healthy families. Her book focuses on the “top 15″ traits.
- Daily Relationship Tips - tips from Mary Pepper, on how to sustain and improve your relationships.
- Conversation Starters for Couples - tips on ways to open dialogue between couples, especially those who are engaged, to reveal fundamental beliefs and thoughts to better understand each other.
- Display Panels - presentation slides used at several Healthy Relationship 101 presentations.
Feel free to contact us at any time or visit FAQs for a list of commonly asked questions. We will respond as soon as we can. Thank you!
Mary Pepper, M.A.